“Highly recommended” – Park Slope Parents list
Park Slope Parents logo
Since 2007, Park Slope Music Lessons has been activating success in children through quality music education.
We begin with children as young as 3 and 4 years old, grounding them in the basics of keyboard skills, music theory, harmony, solfége, rhythm and reading music. The instruments range from piano/keyboard to guitar, ukulele, strumstick, dulcimer, recorder and basic percussion.
Andrew is able to keep up the pace of teaching with the rapidly changing attention span of a young kid, making a fun, spontaneous game out of learning. – KS
My 8 year old daughter has been taking guitar lessons from Andrew for over a year and a half. She loves the lessons (says they’re the fastest 30 minutes of her week!) and is steadily growing in musical ability and appreciation. Andrew has a special gift for finding the best ways for your child to learn and stay motivated. I highly recommend him for any budding musician.
My daughter and I both love Andrew. He is a profoundly talented musician and shows a real understanding of the challenges that young musicians face. What impresses and pleases me most, though, is how patient and calm he is with my daughter.
My 6 year old son has been taking voice and piano with Andrew, and it has been a wonderful learning experience. Andrew is calm and relaxed. My child comes home from lessons eager to practice, and excited to tell me what he has learned. I can recommend Andrew with confidence to anyone looking to start their child on the journey of musical knowledge, and all the lifelong joy that can bring.
Andrew makes learning FUN for a fidgety 5 year old boy. he can quickly change course during a lesson to keep attention span, and offers plenty of positive feedback.
You have such a great way of combining music that is fun for her with work that is technically challenging. As a teacher, I really appreciate how much thought you put into how to reach the kids–you have a lot of tricks up your sleeve, and it’s really fun to watch it in action.
Andrew Ingkavet, composer and parkslope dad, has a wonderful way with children. He is teaching my son piano and my son comes home enthusiastic. I studied guitar with him a while back and it was wonderful. When working with kids, Andrew knows the importance of a sticker 😉 He also teaches voice and guitar. Do you recommend? Highly recommend.
Andrew is not only teaching my daughter how to play piano, he is encouraging her to think of herself as a musician and to think of music as a integral part of her life. It is an overall wonderful experience!
Andrew managed to make my 5 year old son who is a complete newbie at music play real songs with chords using both hands in less than 3 months! It blows my mind. – AP
Possibly the best piano teacher ever
Andrew really works with the student according to her ability and interest. Meanwhile he still pushes the student. Recitals are awesome.
Olaya and Andrea welcome guests to the Spring 2016 Music Recital.
The best way to stay informed about openings is to register on the waiting list. (This is free and is the best way to join us.)
- Usually held on consecutive weeks
- Allows you and the teacher to see if your child is ready
- Allows time to build a rapport between teacher and student
- See how your child is enjoying the process of learning and practicing
- Fee for trial lessons $130 (includes 2 individualized 30 minute lessons plus all materials)
- You will need an instrument at your home for lessons and practice
- After the 2 trials, we would mutually decide whether to join for the semester
Why semester billing?
We make a commitment of time for your child and provide all materials and music. This includes any new sheet music we may purchase to match your child’s personal interest. By committing to us, we can commit to you and accomplish a lot – dependent on student participation. All lessons are private and customized towards your child’s interests and abilities.
We are in the midst of our Spring semester which ends on June 10 with a series of recital concerts at Park Slope Library.
If you are joining now, you will receive a prorated tuition.
No lessons Memorial Day weekend.
- Summer lessons booked individually at a special rate of $62/lesson.
- This allows you to customize your schedule to your holidays.
September 2017 – June 2018 Semester & Tuition
- First day of lessons: Friday September 8, 2017
- $215/month automatic payment plan (September – June)
- Current students: $100 deposit to hold your current slot due before June 27, 2017
- Discount – $150 discount if annual tuition is paid in full before June 27, 2017 ($2000 after discount)
We are usually closely matched to the NYC Public School schedule as announced by the Department of Education. However not all are the same. See below. These days are no lesson days.
- There is no charge for attending Recitals though it is highly recommended and is a mini concert production. There is usually a huge growth spurt emotionally, intellectually and mentally in students who take part.
- Here’s an article about Why Music Recitals Are Like Life Skills 101.
You can pay securely online with your credit card or PayPal or Chase Quickpay.
Here are some videos from our recitals as well as some instructional ones too. Enjoy!