Hello! If you are not able to get on my waiting list, or you are looking for instruction in another instrument, please take a look at some of the other teachers listed here.
- Brett Crudgington – Brett is a talented young pianist who has some great ideas on teaching. He’s also willing to teach in your home or at his place in Kensington, Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Music Factory – My friend Nate Shaw started this school in his studio and a rented space in Boerum Hill. Also has a band program and teaches multiple instruments and styles
- Treblemakers – Suzan and her husband used to live down the street from me. She now has a full studio on 5th Avenue near 8th street in Park Slope. They teach many different instruments and have a few other teachers now.
- Howard Lew – I met Howard for coffee recently. Great guy and formerly the director of curriculum at Brooklyn Conservatory. Doesn’t take the youngest children.
- Bettina Sheppard – Voice teacher – Bettina is a friend of mine from Juilliard and a talented composer and singer too. In Windsor Terrace and Manhattan.
- Brooklyn Conservatory of Music – This is a large school here in Park Slope on 7th Avenue. They do have a full Suzuki program and a concert hall, jazz band, choir and many, many more classes. I’ve heard mixed reviews, but it depends on your teacher there. They also have practice rooms available when lessons are not taking place which I’ve used on occasion to get out of the house and compose somewhere else.