Summer Music Lessons 2013.
I still have some availability for my Fun With Music Games for Learning Theory classes. There is no prior experience necessary (for the beginner class) and it’s guaranteed to make music learning fun and memorable.
You know kids love games! They instantly perk up at the slightest mention. I so wish my music teachers knew about making games out of music theory. It’s the fastest, funnest and most enjoyable way to learn some very abstract concepts.
In my private music lessons, I always use a game for the theory stuff. Usually it’s just me and your child.
This summer, I’ve dedicated 2 afternoons for Music Games days – Tuesdays for beginners and Thursdays for advanced. This will let us enjoy the fun of a group playing the games – and learning at the same time. These classes are open to my current students as well as new ones who may have never even played an instrument. No matter, it will be fun for all.
What Are Music Games?
- Here’s the core of what we’ll be learning through the fun and magic of games. Advanced students will touch on these but go further faster.
- Music alphabet – 7 letters – sequencing backwards, forwards, up, down and then skipping in intervals. These girls are “thinking in thirds.”
- Line and space notes – Learning the differences
- Rhythm with Blue Jello words and symbols
- Dictation – using numbers for pitches, developing listening skills
- Solfege with Curwen hand signs – then Melodic Dictation and Melodic Bingo using solfege.
- Grand staff – treble and bass clefs, pitch names, intervals
- And lots more!
I still have a few openings for both Beginner and Advanced. Please note these are small groups of 6 students, so it will be fun for all!
Mark Your Calendars
Here’s the dates:
Tuesday Beginners – 4pm to 5:15pm ($45/each student/class)
July 9, 16, 23, 30 and Aug 6
Thursday Advanced – 4pm to 5:15pm ($45/each student/class)
July 11, 18, 25 and Aug 1, 8
Please contact me know if you are interested as soon as possible.
Did you like this post?
Subscribe to get updates
You will be notified everytime I have something valuable for you.