Lesson Fees & Semester Dates
The best way to stay informed about openings is to register on the waiting list. (This is free and is the best way to join us.)
For new students, the first and second lesson is $65 (payable by cash or check).
- Fee covers the lesson and materials we will give you
- First 2 weeks is where we decide whether there is a good fit mutually
- Lessons are payable in advance by semester
- Joining mid-semester? Fee is prorated
Why semester billing?
We make a commitment of time for your child and provide all materials and music. This includes any new sheet music we may purchase to match your child’s personal interest. By committing to a 3 to 4 month session, we can accomplish a lot – dependent on student participation. All lessons are private and customized towards your child’s interests and abilities.
CURRENT SEMESTER –> Winter Semester Jan 3 through March 24 2017
Winter 2017 Semester
- First session Tuesday Jan 3rd, 2017
- Last regular lesson Friday March 24, 2017
- Winter recital – Saturday, Jan 28 -Park Slope Library 9th Street and 6th Avenue
- 11 individualized lessons
- Books, music, materials and recital fee $40
- Semester tuition – $715
Spring 2017 Semester
- First session Monday March 27, 2017
- Last regular lesson June 9, 2016
- Spring recital -Saturday June 10 – location tbd
Summer 2017 Semester
- More info to be announced
We are usually closely matched to the NYC Public School schedule as announced by the Department of Education. However not all are the same. See below. These days are no lesson days.
- Rosh Hashanah – Mon and Tues Oct 3 -4
- Columbus Day – Mon Oct 1o
- Yom Kippur – Wed Oct 12
- Election Day – Tues Nov 8
- Veterans Day – Fri Nov 11
- Thanksgiving Nov 24 – 25
- Holiday Break Dec 23 – Jan 2
- Midwinter Break – Feb 20 – 24
- Spring Break – April 10 – 18
- Memorial Day – Mon May 29
- There is no charge for attending Recitals though it is highly recommended and is a mini concert production. There is usually a huge growth spurt emotionally, intellectually and mentally in students who take part.
- Here’s an article about Why Music Recitals Are Like Life Skills 101.
Upon signing up for lessons, you will receive a username and password for a student account and a parent account where you can make payments, see the lessons schedule and receive lesson notes, music files and sheet music.
You can pay securely online with your credit card or PayPal by logging into your account. Alternatively, you can pay in cash, check or credit card at the lesson.