Lesson Fees & Semester Dates
- Usually held on consecutive weeks
- Allows you and the teacher to see if your child is ready
- Allows time to build a rapport between teacher and student
- See how your child is enjoying the process of learning and practicing
- Fee for trial lessons $130 (includes 2 individualized 30 minute lessons plus all materials)
- You will need an instrument at your home for lessons and practice
- After the 2 trials, we would mutually decide whether to join for the semester
Why semester billing?
We make a commitment of time for your child and provide all materials and music. This includes any new sheet music we may purchase to match your child’s personal interest. By committing to a 3 to 4 month session, we can accomplish a lot – dependent on student participation. All lessons are private and customized towards your child’s interests and abilities.
Spring 2017 Semester
- First session Monday March 27, 2017
- Last regular lesson June 9, 2016
- Spring recital -Saturday June 10 – location tbd
- Fee is dependent on day of lesson but averages $690 for 10 weeks including a books, materials and music fee. There is no charge for the recital performance or attendance.
Summer 2017 Semester
- More info to be announced
We are usually closely matched to the NYC Public School schedule as announced by the Department of Education. However not all are the same. See below. These days are no lesson days.
- Rosh Hashanah – Mon and Tues Oct 3 -4
- Columbus Day – Mon Oct 1o
- Yom Kippur – Wed Oct 12
- Election Day – Tues Nov 8
- Veterans Day – Fri Nov 11
- Thanksgiving Nov 24 – 25
- Holiday Break Dec 23 – Jan 2
- Midwinter Break – Feb 20 – 24
- Spring Break – April 10 – 18
- Memorial Day – Mon May 29
- There is no charge for attending Recitals though it is highly recommended and is a mini concert production. There is usually a huge growth spurt emotionally, intellectually and mentally in students who take part.
- Here’s an article about Why Music Recitals Are Like Life Skills 101.
You can pay securely online with your credit card or PayPal or Chase Quickpay. Alternatively, you can pa cash or check.