- Pick a time of day when you can always practice, even for just a few minutes.
- Choose a small amount of time that you can always do, for example, 5 minutes.
- Set it on the calendar or sticky note or smartphone alarm.
- Practice for just the allotted time.
- If you feel you can do more or want to do more, go ahead, but don’t skip a day,
- Make an X on your chart or calendar for everyday you practice.
- Celebrate each small win with a small reward
As I said in a previous post, creating a practice routine that is at the same time everyday, in the same location, begins to cultivate a habit. Willpower is required at first, but then it becomes a trigger that sets the routine in motion.
Habits are what we are made of. Successful habits separate winners from losers. There’s no willpower involved, you just do it.
Did you liked this post?
Subscribe to get updates
You will be notified everytime I have something valuable for you.