Welcome Brooklyn Parents
We specialize in teaching children 4 years+ (sometimes 3)
- Does your child show an interest in music?
- Do you want them to learn the joy of music in a simple, intuitive way?
- Do you want to avoid the pain and frustration of your childhood lessons?
Since 2007, we’ve worked with hundreds of families in Park Slope and nearby neighborhoods. We offer IN-HOME private lessons from one of our eight professional, kind and patient teachers.
What makes us unique?
We created a student-centered curriculum for music:
This is our songbook, created by our founder Andrew Ingkavet. It contains part of what your child will learn in the first ten lessons.
Here’s how the Musicolor Method® works
- We label fingers, keys and “sheet music.”
- Finger exercises disguised as songs.
- New patterns weekly build technique
- Instant boosts of confidence
- Chords follow
- Notation moves through 6 phases
- Phased learning of traditional music notation
- Skills transferrable to school, work, social/emotional
Mastery is a process
If you’re child has already had lessons, we can work with them as well. All of our teachers are trained educators, artists and performer with full background checks.
We recommend all children start with at least 6 months of piano/keyboard. Because it is physically easier to produce sound, and is visually logically laid out, it builds a foundation quickly and makes comprehension faster. This makes transferring to ANY other instrument much quicker, enjoyable and understandable.
Instruments we offer
- Strings: Violin, Viola, Cello, Bass
"The fact that my twin girls (age 4) were playing actual songs on day one gave them the confidence and excitement to genuinely love playing the piano and look forward to each new song they got to learn." - Jason H. PSML parent
Get Started Now In 2 Easy Steps
- Click the Get Started Button below or Call 347-788-0101 - We’ll figure out the best fit for your child
- Schedule 2 trial lessons - this is where we build rapport between your child and the teacher. After the trial lessons, we'll discuss to see if we want to move forward